What Information we collect
The types of personal information we collect depends on the products and services you use. The information includes:
- Your contact information such as your name, address, phone, and email;
- Your date of birth, social security number, your credit history, credit scores and other information provided by consumer reporting agencies, your payment history and other information about you, we access to verify your identity, manage risk, and offer personalized recommendations;
- Information about your education, such as your degree, your college, your major(s), and your grades including your college transcript, and your personal interests;
- Information so we can process your payments such as your bank account numbers and bank account credentials;
- Information about your employer, current income, assets and certain expenses, including with respect to your employment, employment offers, bank account credentials and transaction information, tax returns;
- Information about you when you visit the Site, including information submitted by you or our other customers when interacting with the Site’s features and using its online communication features.
In addition, when you visit the Site or use the products and services available on the Site we automatically collect certain information from your computer, mobile phone or other access devices. Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the Site. When you use the Site, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Site, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. When you use the Site, we may also employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Site.
Information we receive from third parties
We may receive information about you from third parties. We may also work with different third party data partners to supplement information we collect directly from you for fraud or identity verification purposes. We may also receive information about you if you access the Site through a third-party connection or log-in, such as LinkedIn or a referral partner, or otherwise link an account to the Site, that third party may pass certain information about you and your use of its service to us. This information could include the user ID associated with your account (for example, your LinkedIn UID), an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. You should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking them to the Site. You may also unlink your third party account from the Site by adjusting your settings on the third party service. If you unlink your third party account, we will remove the information collected about you in connection with that service. Your use of third-party websites and services are subject to their respective privacy policies.
How we collect information
We collect information about you:
- From you when you register on the Site, use the Site, to be a user, and from your transactions, including your security purchases, repayments, account funding and withdrawals, and your communications with us;
- From third parties such as identity verification services and other public records or websites.
Why we collect information
We collect this information from you in order to:
- provide you and other customers with access to the products and services offered through the Site,
- provide notices and other information to you about, or in connection with, these products and services,
- provide customer support,
- protect against fraud, fulfil legal requirements and enforce our agreements, and
- provide, maintain, develop and improve our services, your experience, and to protect Grow My Hustle and its users.
What information we share on the Site, with other Grow My Hustle users and investors
When you sign your contract, your project will be allocated to one channel:
- It allows backers on the Grow My Hustle site to back your project through Grow My Hustle. We share some of your information with backers.
Online payment transaction
Online payments are processed by third party partners M-Pesa and Paypal . Grow My Hustle does not receive any credit or debit card information except for the name of the cardholder, the billing and shipping address, the transaction reference, date and time, the card type and the amount received. Grow My Hustle does not receive any other card details such as the Card Number, Security Code or Expiry Date.
What information we share with third parties
Grow My Hustle is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below: Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: Grow My Hustle, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another entity to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
Legal Requirements: Grow My Hustle may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Grow My Hustle, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
We protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We authorize our employees to get your information only when they need it to do their work, and we require companies that work for us to protect your information.
When you access the Site or content or use the products or services available through the Site, we (or companies we work with) may place small data files called cookies or pixel tags on your computer or other devices. We use these technologies to recognize you as a customer; customize our services, content and advertising; collect information about your computer or other access devices to mitigate risk; help prevent fraud, and improve our products and services. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of the Site. The help legal section of most browsers or browser add-ons provides instructions on blocking, deleting or disabling cookies. However, certain partners may collect incoming IP addresses in connection with your visits to our Site, for example, to avoid double-counting the number of new members who joined as a result of an advertising campaign.
In the event that any of your information that we control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify you and take other steps in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Upon termination or deactivation of your Grow My Hustle account on the Site, we may retain your profile information and user content and information for backup, archival, or audit purposes.
Links to or from other websites and services
How you can access or change your personal information
You can review and edit some of your personal information at any time by logging into our website.
We may amend this policy from time to time to reflect the changes in our business and practices, and so you should review this page periodically. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it. If we make a material change we will notify you of the changes by posting a Policy Update and update the ‘last modified’ date at the bottom of this page.
How you can contact us
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us by emailing us at email@example.com, by calling us at +(254) 711964878 during our operating hours 9:00 AM EAT to 3:00 PM EAT, Monday through Friday.
Date Modified 19th April 2017